Tuesday, February 23, 2016

·product review· Enlightened Ice Cream Bars in Salted Caramel

These were an awesome find last month at my Sprout's, and they've been a staple ever since!  I'm in love with these Enlightened ice cream bars, and here's a review of the salted caramel flavor!

They have awesome macros, high in protein and low in fat.  Their line has a ton of flavors and even delicious ice cream sandwiches, which I will also review on here soon!

 Here's what I thought.
Texture:   Smooth and creamy, especially after being left to soften for a minute or two.  The caramel swirl is fudgy and not too sticky.  
Flavor:   The base ice cream has a soft, light flavor of a vanilla mixed with a touch of caramel sauce.  The caramel swirl is hands down my favorite part: the caramel has a hint of fruity flavor that I LOVE.  And there's a little bit of saltiness too, which really holds up the "Salted" Caramel end of the name.  It's so delicious, and definitely doesn't taste healthy.
 
Afterthoughts:  No gross feeling after this!  One time I treated myself to a Haagen Daaz ice cream bar, and could get through half of it before my stomach felt burbly and sluggish.  These bars actually satiate without the bogged down feeling afterwards.  That's why I keep buying them!
 
In terms of price, this is on the expensive side.  My Sprout's has them for anywhere from $5 to $5.49 per box, and they are occasionally on sale.  4 come in a box.

9/10
-1 point for price

No comments:

Post a Comment