Monday, February 15, 2016

·product review· Arctic Zero Chunky Pints in Cookie Dough Chip


Arctic Zero's frozen desserts are a healthier alternative to ice cream!  These pints have low macros and come in an assortment of delicious flavors.  I tried their "creamy" pints a while back and wasn't too much of a fan, so I was excited when they released their chunky pints, especially this flavor.

The base ice cream flavor is a light vanilla, and there are mini chocolate chips and balls of cookie dough through the ice cream!

Here's what I thought.

Texture:  It's not like regular ice cream in texture.  It's definitely better in texture if you leave it out on the counter for a bit before scooping.  It's not super icy, but not all that creamy either.  The texture could use some work, but I didn't mind it.  

Flavor:  The vanilla base was tasty and sweet, but I was glad for the chunky add ins to break it up a bit, as I definitely would have tired of the plain ice cream after a cup or so.  You can definitely taste the monk fruit, and that "Arctic Zero" flavor, but it was still much better than my past pints.  Maybe they reformulated?  The chocolate chips tasted like normal chocolate chips, so there's not much to say there.  But the cookie dough was the saving grace.  It tasted like real cookie dough!  Buttery, sweet, and like chocolate chip cookies dotting the ice cream.  

Afterthoughts:  I didn't feel tired or sluggish after having this.  A serving was satisfying, and definitely helped my cookie dough craving!

In terms of price, this is available at my Sprout's for $5 per pint, but it's usually on sale for $4 so I'm able to get a deal!  Still a bit pricey, though.

8/10
-1 point for price
-1 point for monk fruit flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment