Monday, February 29, 2016

·product review· Arctic Zero NEW Salted Caramel Bars


Arctic Zero, you've done it again!  The fit frozen dessert company recently released new Chunky Pint flavors (read my review of those here!), but these are just as exciting and not talked about nearly enough!  Arctic Zero also carries ice cream bar with a hard chocolate shell coating, and these new ones are in a salted caramel flavor!  

A foodie's true love, salted caramel is that perfect marriage of sweet and salty that sings in delicious desserts.  I had high hopes for these bars!

These bars are not available in stores except for a few Sprout's locations.  They will be launching soon!  Thank you to Arctic Zero for teaming up with me on this review!  

Here's what I thought:

Texture:  The chocolate coating is a little thinner than what I remember on a Klondike Ice Cream bar, but it is incredibly smooth and provides a nice crunch on the exterior.  The ice cream inside is soft and creamy.  The coating melts into the ice cream when you take a bite, making for a delicious mouthfeel.

Flavor:  The chocolate coating was absolutely delicious- very rich in cocoa flavor.  The inside ice cream didn't taste all that much like salted caramel to me, unfortunately.  It was sweet and delicious, though!  I think if you had blindfolded me and not told me it was caramel, I would have thought that it was a mocha flavored bar.  Even though there isn't coffee in it, I kind of got that note.  While it didn't taste like salted caramel to me, I thought it still tasted absolutely divine.  I sprinkled some himalayan pink salt on the exterior for some added salty-sweet contrast, and it was heavenly.

Afterthoughts:  The bar is a pretty good size and nicely satisfies an ice cream craving.  It almost made me feel nostalgic for my childhood, when I ate Klondike bars with reckless abandon.  This is a wonderful nightcap or after dinner dessert, and these treats will be making a reappearance in my freezer!

Watch for these in your stores soon!

These products were provided free of charge from Arctic Zero for sampling.  All opinions are authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment